Sachin's blog

Monday, May 21, 2007

1st day in beijing

I got here last night at about 12:30 AM. It was a very tiring journey. I still have a jet lag may be just because I didn't get enough sleep last night. But it was a very fresh morning and I was up by 5:30 AM, after sleeping for 5 hrs only! This morning we started our trip at about 8AM and went around visiting many historic places in the city of Beijing. The city's population is about 15 million. It is just my first day but I am already amazed with the amount of energy people share here. Everyone has some principles and disciplined routines in their lives, they are following it without any doubt. At least that's how it looked like on my first day. I visited bunch of places in the city today but two main attractions were King Chang Ling's tomb which has the tallest pillars in any Chinese tomb and of course the great wall of China(Yes I made it to the top end)!! Enjoy the pictures and comments below, I will write in details with more pictures tomorrow night since I have to sleep as soon as possible!

Trying to get out of the traffic at the Beijing Airport

Tomb from outside, Tomb named as "Chang ling" means happy forever

Inside the tomb, one tree for every pillar was brought from Tibet and took 4 years to get here

That thing spins, so everyone can share food and self serve

Ready to go!

I made it finally!

And now, I own it (j.k.)

For celebration, I ate a hamburger at Chinese McDonald's.....once again j.k.

Enough for tonight, See you soon !!!